Finding the Balance That Works For You: Leadership & Work-life Balance
Work-life balance can feel like a tug-of-war with so many things competing for our attention from both work and home. However, work and life don’t have to be mutually exclusive. You can have both - and healthier, happier people make for better managers, leaders, and employees.In this interactive, 60-minute event, you'll learn steps to achieve the balance you need to maximize your happiness, productivity, and combat feelings of burn-out. Discover how to:
- Define what work-life balance looks like for you personally
- Balance priorities so there is no guilt at home or at work
- Set clear boundaries and keys to sticking to them
- Improve productivity while also making more room for yourself
Keep your sanity by setting limits and boundaries for your valuable time
- Own your day by setting routines for your morning, workday startup, workday shutdown, and evening
- The benefits of pausing your inbox to increase focus and productivity (not to mention some peace!)
- Learning to set limits: The importance and power of saying ‘no’ to anything that distracts you from your focus (plus suggested assertive phrases for turning down requests)
- How to plan for self-care, and why this is a non-negotiable must-do
Proven tactics and techniques to implement
- 3 types of planning systems to give you momentum and win your day
- How this common military action can help you learn from mistakes, build on successes, and increase productivity
- Discover which organization system is right for you (digital, analog, hybrid, lists, and more)
- The key to utilize calendar blocking, task batching, and others so they work in your favor time and again
Tips, tricks, and answers to burning questions from your peers
- How to carve out time for yourself (exercise, time with friends, and more)
- How to inspire others to achieve balance by modeling balance
- How to physically step away from work multiple times a day (yes, multiple!) – and not feel guilty
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Before becoming the go-to trainer for some of the world’s biggest brands like McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, Vera Bradley and others, Myra was the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for Thrifty Rent-a-Car System.
Myra has a master’s degree in human relations and a bachelor’s degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of the human experience as it relates to the psychology of struggles of working from home and finding balance.
Work-life balance has always been important – but perhaps never more than right now.
In this instructor-led program, you’ll discover how to master the balancing of your work with the can’t-miss moments of your personal life.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!