Communicate More by Saying Less
Less truly can be more when it comes to communication! Our desire to ensure that our listener has all the information they need, can easily lead us to over-explaining and giving too many details. As a result, our audience may become confused, and ultimately, tune us out.
In this interactive, 60-minute event, you will learn ways to communicate more clearly and concisely. Join us to discover:
- How to be more succinct when communicating
- Ways to become a better and active listener
- The impact of insecurity on how we communicate
- How to enhance your credibility when communicating
- Tips for identifying which points do and don’t matter
Techniques for More Effective Communication
- Difference between being concise and communicating quickly
- “Wimpy” words to avoid when communicating
- Why some listeners may tune out when we speak
- Making what you are saying relevant for the audience
- The TALC- tactic for organizing your communication
Influences on How We Communicate
- The role genders differences play in communication
- How brevity can help extraverts when communicating
- Why it is so hard for some people to be succinct
Becoming an Engaged and Active Listener
- Focusing on the speaker instead of our own response
- Getting more comfortable with silence in conversations
- Why it is important to check in with your listener
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Audrey Halpern is a highly engaging interpersonal skills learning development/trainer/facilitator. She has helped individuals and teams for over 18 years become more self-aware and proficient. Her bespoke leadership training content focuses on skills improvement and professional development with a “workshop mindset”.
As a distinguished faculty member of the American Management Association, she has the ability to translate complex concepts and data into easy-to-understand presentations. Audrey utilizes impactful “real play” activities to build confidence with essential 21st century skills for individuals and teams. She has a passion for making a difference.
After attending this engaging, 60-minute program you will know how to:
- Make your messages concise so they cut through the clutter and have an impact
- Sound more confident and sure by sharpening your message
- Make faster decisions based on clearer, more consistent information
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!