Cultivating Connections: Strengthening Workplace Relationships
In today's fast-paced work environment, it's easy to overlook the small interactions that build trust and goodwill among team members. Yet these seemingly minor connections are the foundation of a collaborative and productive workplace.
Join our engaging, 60-minute event to learn everyday actions that make your team feel valued, understood, and heard. We'll cover specific techniques you can use to create a team that exhibits respect, trust, and a sense of common purpose.
- Tips for making team members feel acknowledged & valued in seconds
- Online meeting conduct: Eliminating behaviors that distract participants
- Effective strategy for difficult conversations & when to use it
- How to use body language to connect & build relationships
- The impact your words & actions have on others
- Keys to eliminating disruptive or destructive behaviors
Making Connections That Count
- How small gestures show colleagues they matter
- Listening techniques that make people feel truly heard
- Generating likeability with a co-worker in seconds
- Power of personalizing messages & communications
Creating a Culture of Respect & Trust
- Avoiding common actions that degrade workplace culture
- Positive conversation habits to adopts & ones to drop
- Making requests in a way that builds stronger relationships
- Apologizing effectively to restore broken connections
Strengthening Collaboration & Productivity
- Body language dos & don’ts to create stronger rapport
- Bridging cultural & gender divides through understanding
- Virtual meeting behaviors to avoid & what to do instead
- Celebrating shared successes and supporting struggles
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific question answered!
About the Speaker
Janet Parnes equips professionals with skills that build rewarding business relationships.
- A graduate of The Protocol School of Washington®, she brings more than 15 years of experience working with clients from a range of industries including higher education, real estate, STEM, law, and architecture.
- Janet’s background in sales and public relations, combined with her speaker training, positions her to create a paradigm shift in the way we create meaningful professional connections.
- Janet formed her company Janet L. Parnes, Etiquette Consultant in response to a growing need: we can contact people just about anywhere, anytime—yet we’re losing the art of making connections. This is costing us, for connections are critical in achieving our career goals.
- As a professional storyteller, Janet entertains and educates audiences with tales of missteps, misspeaks, and misunderstandings - some of them her own!
Participants will learn effective dos and don’ts for engaging with team members and making meaningful connections. It’s the small actions that can have the largest impact on the path to successful leadership.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!