Effective Presentation Skills for Women: Communicate with Confidence
Have you ever left a meeting wishing you’d made a certain point or contributed more to the discussion?
Have you ever walked away from a conversation wishing you'd said something differently or communicated your point more effectively?
The ability to command a room, communicate successfully and present with confidence in-person or virtually are paramount for women in leadership.
Join us to elevate your public speaking skills, learn to improvise if things go awry and present with poise whether in front of an audience or a webcam.
This fun and informative 60-minute workshop will cover:
- How to expect the unexpected: Responding when you’re unprepared (but never showing it)
- Taking the fear out of presentations: Tackling speaking stressors
- Ways to add humor and confidence to your professional communication
- Proven strategies to present like public speaking is your favorite pastime
Deliver Presentations Like a Public Speaking Pro
- How presentation skills can boost your career and improve your impact
- Feel sure of yourself when the boss calls an impromptu meeting or puts you on the spot
- Answer unexpected questions without missing a beat
- Keys for success when delivering your presentation virtually
Why We Hate Public Speaking and How We Can Learn to Love (Okay... At Least Like) It
- Take the fear out of public speaking by tackling the innate reasons we dread it
- Fake it till you make it if things get off-track
- Take your presentations from fearful to fearless whether you’ve had weeks or minutes to plan
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
In addition to corporate experience in several industries, Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than ten years. Her services span training and guidance in preparing strategic and business plans, assisting in plan development and execution, and various other aspects of operational excellence. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in project management, leadership, ethics and other interpersonal topics, and she conducts market analysis and competitive intelligence for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
- Michelle was the founding Chair of the Illinois Diversity Council Board of Directors and is a member of the Northwestern Council of 100.
- Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks® America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world, teaches classroom seminars and online webinars for the Real Estate Institute, and she is also on the business faculty at College of DuPage.
- Through her business, she has published more than 150 monthly issues of her newsletter, Planning Possibilities, which is currently distributed worldwide to more than 4,500 clients and contacts.
Strong presentation skills are essential for women that want to advance their careers and stand-out in the workplace. This workshop will provide you with the fundamental skills to be a more powerful and concise communicator, tackle your nerves and get your message across - whether you're presenting at a podium, via webcam or one-on-one.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!