Finance Essentials for Non-Financial Professionals: Tools for Better Decision-Making
While effective managers strive to make decisions with the bottom line in mind, many aren’t equipped to use the information from financial statements as part of their decision-making process.
In this 90-minute workshop, we’ll show non-finance managers what they need to know to push the business forward. After this training, they will be able to:
- Read financial statements and analyze the significance how of each applies to the business
- Use accounting principles to improve job performance in their team
- Apply a variety of tools and methods to make better business decisions
De-coding financial statements for managers
- How financial transactions are transformed into 3 key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Clear distinction between the two main types of accounting and when to use each
- Essential ratios that help you make key business decisions and how to calculate them from financial statements
- Instruction with interactive exercises to understand the entire accounting process
How to analyze financial statements to make informed decisions
- Uncover your company’s story told by numbers in financial statements
- The advantages and limitations of each financial statement analysis
- Concepts that give you a deeper understanding of your company’s financials so you can make better business decisions
- Techniques you use in personal accounting that can be applied to business accounting
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Tricia Richardson, CPP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Tricia has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of workforce management (payroll processing, taxation, employee handbooks, human resources, benefits, etc.). Tricia is a Payroll and Human Resource “nerd” who enjoys reading Internal Revenue Code.
- She has a Bachelor of Science in Management Studies from the University of Maryland University College and is a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) through the American Payroll Association (APA), a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) through the HR Certification Institute, as well as a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
- Tricia is a Member of the National Speakers Bureau for the American Payroll Association and a Contributing Writer to Paytech Magazine, a regular periodical provided to over 20,000 Members.
This 90-minute event is a must for non-financial women professionals who are looking to learn the essentials for stronger business acumen and to make better decisions that directly impact your company’s bottom line.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!