Get What You Deserve: Valuing Your Value
SummaryMany of us often shy away from asking for more and better. More money. Better working arrangements. A larger team. Better access to resources. Whether a woman leader is negotiating a contract, lobbying for more resources or seeking a promotion - negotiation skills are imperative for success.
The ability to negotiate successfully in today's turbulent business climate can make the difference between success and failure.
This program provides women leaders with the tools and techniques they need to confidently negotiate for the resources they need to be successful in their careers and personal lives.
- Develop the best strategies to prepare for a negotiation
- Leverage your value and successfully achieve your goals
- Present with ease and confidence during tough conversations
Be prepared to aim high and feel confident in the best outcome
- Good negotiating comes from a positive mindset: Master it
- Overcome the negativity that holds you back and causes you to undersell yourself
- Achieve better results with a compelling, self-assured presentation
Make your request and don’t settle for anything less than what you deserve
- Be prepared to be assertive and challenge obstacles standing in your way (while remembering the differences between assertive and aggressive)
- Express your side without anger, defensiveness or accusations
- Don’t be so busy making your point heard that you forget to listen
Do your homework and have an actionable plan to get what you want
- Doing your research and being prepared is vital for a successful negotiation
- Understand both sides of the equation to make accurate, beneficial decisions
- When you only focus on your own limitations, you miss the big picture
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Ellie Nieves is a women’s leadership speaker, writer, coach and podcaster dedicated to helping high-achieving women to show up, speak up and step up in their careers. She is the Founder & President of Leadership Strategies for Women, LLC where she develops seminars, webinars, and coaching programs for companies and associations that want to grow their emerging women leaders into effective managers and executives. She also coaches women one-on-one who want to achieve more both personally and professionally.
- Ellie launched her career as a young lawyer in NYC politics. She was often the youngest and many times the only woman sitting at the table. Ellie eventually transitioned to the private sector. Today, she is Vice President and Counsel of Government Affairs for a Fortune 250 company where she briefs and provides strategic advice to the CEO and senior management on relevant legislative and political issues.
- Ellie is also a founding member of the company’s Diversity and Inclusion Council and launched the company’s first employee resource group for women.
- Ellie earned her B.A. in communications from Fordham University and a J.D. from the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University. She received her MBA from the NYU Stern School of Business with specializations in Leadership and Global Business.
Some of us are afraid to ask. Some of us do ask, but stop short of asking for what we really want or what we’re truly worth. But whatever your reason, I probably don’t have to tell you that, by not asking, you’re missing out on more than just money; you’re putting your long-term opportunities and earning potential at stake. If you’ve ever stopped or given up before negotiating your true market value, this training is for you.