Helicopter Leaders Hover, Effective Leaders Get Out of the Way
If delegating makes you feel like you’re losing control, you’re not alone! We’ve all heard the saying, “If you want something done right, you better do it yourself.” But with this outlook, it’s difficult to learn to let go and trust others to do what they were hired to do. Effective leaders know when to hold the reins, and when to entrust their team.
In this 60-minute event, you’ll learn what’s possible when you do let go and how to build trust with your team, so you can confidently delegate more moving forward.
Join us to discover:
- Top reasons why it’s hard to trust your team & let go
- Why being a helicopter leader stunts your growth & your team’s
- What’s possible for you & your team when you DO let go
- The 3 types of trust that all teams need & how to build it
- Pitfalls to watch out for when delegating & how to avoid them
Why “Helicopter Leaders” Struggle with Delegating
- Helicopter leaders lack trust, leading to them hover over team members
- Without trust in their teams, leaders can’t delegate effectively
- Inability to trust team members holds both leaders & teams back
Keys to Building Trust for Successful Teams
- Understanding “confirmation bias” & how it impacts trust
- 3 Key Trust Factors critical for collaborations & communication
- Implement trust-building strategies for successful delegation
Effective Delegation Practices of Top Leaders
- Empowering your team to do more so you can let go
- Keys to creating greater ownership in team members
- Common delegation pitfalls & how to avoid them
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Ashley Cox, PHR, SHRM-CP is the Founder and CEO of SproutHR, a boutique HR consulting firm that advises women in how to hire and lead profitable, sustainable, and impactful teams with confidence, ease, and fun.
At SproutHR, Ashley and her team focus on values-based hiring, compassionate and intentional leadership, and amplifying impact. They revolutionize the do-it-yourself mindset to one of exponential growth – hiring the right people the right way scales business and electrifies the bottom line – making companies thrive.
A certified HR professional with over 17 years experience, Ashley has worked with businesses nationwide – from local brick and mortars to online agencies to multi-million dollar national & international companies.
She was a top recruiter and leadership expert for J.Crew and Kroger where she hired and developed everyone from the newest hourly employees to C-suite level executives.
She is also an SME (subject matter expert) for the world’s leading HR organization, SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management), an expert trainer for various 1000+ employee organizations, host of "The Impact Ripple" podcast & the author of her debut book "Transform Your Stories."Transform Your Stories guides women to overcome the stories that hold them back so they can become confident and courageous leaders who create resounding impact in the world.
SproutHR & Transform Your Stories have been featured on ABC News, Brit + Co, SHRM, and The Rising Tide Society.
In our instructor-led, 60-minute program you’ll learn why it’s hard to let go, what’s possible when you do, and how to build more trust with your team so you can effectively delegate.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!