Increase Your Impact in Meetings: Speak & Lead with Confidence
In today's professional landscape, many women leaders still face challenges in confidently voicing their ideas in meetings, especially when interacting with senior stakeholders. Or, when they do speak up, find themselves being interrupted or talked over.
In this dynamic, 60-minute program Carla Miller uncovers how gender bias shows up in meetings, and delivers practical strategies for women professionals to enhance their impact. Learn how to enter meetings with increased confidence, build your presence with powerful language, and effectively handle common meeting challenges.
- Master Your Presence: Learn how to use your voice and body language to command attention
- Perception Management: Strategies for being intentional about how others perceive you
- Eliminate Qualifiers: Techniques to avoid using diminishing statements like “I might be wrong but...”
- Overcome Interruptions: Tactics for dealing with interruptions and maintaining control.
- Courageous Communication: A powerful coaching tool to bolster your courage to speak up
- BONUS Exclusive Content - All registrants will receive the following to ensure greater knowledge retention:
- Hands-on tools & an event activity worksheet
- A post-event knowledge test
- The on-demand recording
Empowering Your Voice
- Understand the impact of gender bias in meeting dynamics
- Identify common challenges women face in being heard during meetings
- Discover tools and questions to build confidence before a meeting
Building Executive Presence
- Explore the concept of executive presence and its importance
- Learn how body language can significantly enhance your presence
- Master using your voice to assert your executive presence
Handling Meeting Challenges
- The psychology behind qualifying statements and their frequent use
- Learn powerful alternatives to qualifying statements
- Strategies for ending your contributions to meetings effectively and memorably
- Practical solutions for managing interruptions and on-the-spot challenges
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific questions answered!
About the Speaker
Carla Miller has 15 years of leadership coaching experience, a background in CEO roles in the non-profit and commercial sector and is an established expert in women’s leadership. She is the creator of the Influence & Impact program which has helped hundreds of women from companies including GSK, BT, Google, Channel 4, Muller and Deloitte to become influential leaders and secure promotions to senior leadership and C suite roles. She is the host of the chart-topping Influence & Impact podcast which sits in the top 20 of the UK Apple Management charts and has over 170,000 downloads. Her book ‘Closing the Influence Gap: A practical guide for women leaders who want to be heard’ is an Amazon bestseller for leadership and was named by Management Today as one of the books every leader should read in 2022.
Unlock the secrets to commanding attention and respect in professional meetings in our engaging 60-minute event. Learn invaluable skills for effective communication, building presence, and overcoming gender biases, empowering you to make a lasting impact in every meeting.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!