Keeping Cool in Conflict: Best Practices for Managing Workplace Confrontation
Conflict at work is inevitable - and in some cases, it can even be a good thing.
And when handled correctly, it doesn’t have to take a toll on employee morale and productivity.
Of course, this can be easier said than done - and sometimes, it’s hard to keep your cool if you’re the one under fire. On the other side of the coin, being an objective mediator isn’t easy either...especially if you’re trying to settle arguments on your own team.
This workshop will teach you everything you need to know about keeping workplace conflict productive and healthy.
From best practices for accepting criticism to helping team members resolve conflict, we’ll help you become a stronger mediator and handle conflict with confidence.
Join us to learn:
- The most important elements of productive conflict
- How to identify – and handle – different communication styles in conflict
- Tips to mitigate tension during conflict to enable progressive conversation
- How to direct your communication during conflict to a positive outcome
Learn how to become a powerful mediator during workplace conflict
- Understand your teammates’ styles of handling conflict and learn best practices to communicate
- Nip destructive behavior in the bud
- Reframe conflict situations to facilitate productive conversation
- Learn how a Cognitive Behavioral Approach can help you understand the interplay between thoughts, feelings, and responses
Look at conflict as part of the big picture in the workplace
- Understand the cost - and benefits - of conflict in organizations
- Discover the difference between conflict resolution and productive conflict
- Learn how to use constructive responses to conflict
- Build a common language on teams about appropriate conflict behavior
Answers to your most important questions about conflict in the workplace
- What are unconstructive conflict behaviors I engage in that I may not know about?
- How can I facilitate positive outcomes when two members of my team are fighting?
- What should I do when a team member or colleague is visibly upset?
Question & Answer Session – Have your specific question answered!
About the Speaker
Karla Brandau is a leading authority on leadership for a more collaborative and productive workforce. She has educated leaders, managers, supervisors, and individual contributors with her proven people skills and productivity systems in companies such as Motorola, Coca-Cola Enterprises, Panasonic, Siemens, and BYD America. Government agencies that have benefited from her programs include NIH, NIDA, the EPA, and IBB. Educational Institutions include Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Texas A & M, and Mercer University.
The employee experience is the focal point of Karla’s expertise. Her executive coaching and training for leaders includes how to:
- Build a winning team
- Be resilient when faced with challenging situations
- Implement change within your organization
This workshop will equip you with the tools you need to understand your colleagues’ methods of communication during conflict, mitigate tension, and effectively respond to conflict in the workplace - before it escalates.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!