Leadership and Communication: Making an Impact with Your Words and Relationships
Sugar-coating the hard stuff won't help, but the tough love approach can come across mean or belittling.
So – what's the balance?
Too gentle? Nothing gets done.
Too tough? Expect some disgruntled employees and letters of resignation.
The secret: communication that’s relational and real. You need to communicate with your employees in a way that builds stronger, more cohesive relationships while still getting results.
This 60-minute workshop focuses on communication strategies that increase collaboration, minimize tension, and maximize progress.
Walk away from this training with:
- Proven strategies that encourage progress without discouraging morale
- Effective language that commands attention, without demanding it
- How to avoid common communication pitfalls that diminish credibility and trust
- Communication tips for tricky or tense situations
Clear, upper-level strategies for communicating with your team
- Ensure your employees feel validated even when you disagree or say no
- Maximize the impact of your words and tones
- Utilize communication tactics that balance authority with respect
Connect with your team like a leader, not like the boss
- Listen as a form of communication: everyone deserves to be heard
- When to focus on the objective and when to focus on the individual
- How to communicate like a leader, instead of barking orders like a boss
Avoid common mistakes that managers make when communicating
- Make delegation and collaboration simple and painless
- How to get more information and when to push back
- Increase the authenticity of your communication to build stronger workplace relationships
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Myra Golden is a favorite training partner to Fortune 500 companies such as Coca-Cola and Vera Bradley. Her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) workshops provide actionable strategies for better leadership and development. Myra specializes in communication, collaboration, people-centric management, and customer success.• Myra has a master’s degree in human relations and a bachelor’s degree in psychology • Myra was named a Top 100 Rising Star by Travel Agent Magazine for her landmark work in leading her team to restore customer confidence and satisfaction
Be the leader your team wants to come to, not the boss your employees avoid. Walk away from this event ready to build stronger relationships, communicate more effectively, and build cohesion on your team.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!