Making the Move to Manager: Essential Skills for New Women Leaders
Women in leadership face a different set of challenges than their male counterparts, often including interruptions, dismissive attitudes, and skepticism of their decisions. This can be especially challenging for new managers who are making the transition to leadership.
Our 60-minute program is specifically designed to address these challenges and empower you to become a confident and effective leader. Join us and gain the skills and knowledge you need to excel in your role and reach new heights in your career.
You will learn:
- Guidelines for transitioning from friend to boss
- Effective communication strategies for team leaders
- Coaching techniques for new women managers
- How to delegate to avoid burnout and promote accountability
- Strategies for gaining team buy-in and ensuring your message is heard
Tackling the Challenges of New Managers and Women Leaders
- From peer to boss – how to make the transition
- Knowing your communication style and the communication styles of your team
- Tips for delegating to get the best results from all of your team
- Ensuring your team is productive and stays on track
- Ways to gain your team’s buy-in and support
Effective Leadership Skills of Successful Managers
- How to effectively use positive and constructive feedback to support your team
- Coaching to employees’ proficiency levels
- Keys to keeping your team motivated and inspired to do more
- What ‘lead by example’ really means and how to do it
- Identifying your own leadership style and legacy
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Cheryl Grazier is the Principal of Cheryl Grazier Consulting LLC and has over 20 years of business experience in both the public and private sector as a trusted advisor in the areas of culture change, strategy implementation, program management, team, and leadership development. Cheryl has worked in a variety of industries, including communications, government agencies, governmental contracting, and real estate.
Her work as the Executive Director of the Missouri Women’s Council, a Division of the Missouri Department of Economic Development, led to her own deeper commitment to make positive contributions to the next generation of women leaders. It was during her experience at the Women’s Council where she created programs, events, and research studies that she found her passion for curriculum development and facilitation, and her belief that all classes should be a blended opportunity to learn, develop and share.
In this 60-minute training, we will empower new female supervisors and managers with the skills and understanding needed for them to transition successfully from team member to impactful leader.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!