Manage Conflict and Defuse Tension: Strategies for a Drama-Free Workplace
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to be dramatic, or even necessarily a bad thing.
A little tension can push people out of their comfort zones and a little challenge can boost performance.
Of course, it's not always that easy.
Whether you’re the one facing workplace conflict or you’re the one mediating - this engaging workshop will offer strategies and techniques you can apply to find common ground, resolve personality conflicts, and smooth tension while improving overall performance and maintaining professional relationships.
Join us to learn:
- How to identify – and handle – different communication styles in the heat of the moment
- The most important elements of self-awareness and productive conflict
- Tips on how to manage conflict more effectively and with less stress
- How to defuse tough situations and reach positive outcomes no matter how high tensions get
How to manage workplace conflict more effectively before it derails you or your team
- Understand your team's conflict styles and the best way to communicate through tension
- Reframe conflicts and negativity in a way that facilitates productive conversation
- Learn how to master the interplay between thoughts, feelings, and responses
Strategies and techniques to bring out the best in yourself and others
- Understand the cost - and benefits - of conflict on your workplace relationships
- Discover the difference between conflict resolution and productive tension
- How to use constructive responses that build trust and respect
How to compromise and reach better outcomes when tension is high
- Learn how to reach solutions that let everyone walk away feeling satisfied and heard
- Give solid feedback that motivates others to see things differently or challenge their way of thinking
- Navigate communications with difficult people and challenging personality types
About the Speaker
Nancy Schnoebelen Imbs is an empowering leadership and professional development consultant. Highly dedicated and results oriented, she has the skill and passion to help individuals become more confident and successful in business and beyond. Nancy combines her communications expertise with a pragmatic approach in a variety of skill areas including verbal, written and nonverbal communications, emotional intelligence, time management, and working with teams. She helps clients focus on key adjustments that result in meaningful, tangible results.
- Drawing on her marketing and communications background, over 25 years’ experience in leadership roles and a lifetime of personal growth - Nancy has a keen appreciation of mindset and the power it has to change patterns of behavior. She focuses on building one’s strengths and minimizing weaknesses through enrichment, feedback, self-discovery, and actionable plans.
- Nancy is an author of a children’s book and a dynamic motivational speaker. She’s a monthly contributor to CBS-affiliate KMOV’s, News4 Great Day and KTRS radio as well as a regular contributor to other TV, radio, and print media.
Don’t let tension derail your team. This workshop will equip you with the tools you need to better manage and defuse conflict in the workplace before it escalates and gets ugly.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!