Managing Through Change: Leading in Times of Transition
SummaryWe fear change because of the uncertainty it brings. In fact, research indicates that a fear of change is one of the largest roadblocks for any person or team in the workplace. But change doesn’t need to be scary. In fact, changes in the workplace often bring about growth and drive revenue. Change is a good thing- but how do you communicate that to your team?
Learn how to manage change and transition by understanding the fear of change. Discover strategies to building and strengthening relationships so you can get past resistance and reservations. Make transitions a time of growth instead of a time of lost productivity. Join us for a high-impact training for leading through change, with highlights such as:
- The key to getting buy-in for change from your team
- Reduce uncertainty, be transparent, build trust and communicate with intention
- How to address the fear of change while staying productive
- Navigating and building trust through growing pains
A Note to Our Valued Attendees Impacted by COVID-19:
We understand that due to Covid-19, most people are working remotely and in multiple locations, so we’re granting access to accommodate such situations.
After registering, simply reply to your invite email with a list of all the folks who will need additional access links.
The Stages of Change: What to Expect When Change Happens
- Recognize the normal emotions that occur during organizational changes
- How to keep emotions calm when change causes stress, anxiety and uncertainty
- Using change as an opportunity to develop better relationships with your team
Dealing with Resistance: Get Your Team to Accept and Invest in Change
- Answer tough questions raised by your team members and colleagues
- How to respond when team members don’t accept and resist changes
- Keys to getting team members to take ownership over new developments and trust the process
Adapting, Improvising and Overcoming: Managing the Response to Change
- Leadership tips you can apply immediately to manage your team through transition
- Guide your team through the chaos: Driving results during rapid change
- Lay the foundation to remain productive and stay productive during and after transitions
Question and Answer Session - Hear expert answers to real-world questions!
About the Speaker
Myra Golden is a favorite training partner to Fortune 500 companies with her customized, engaging, behavior-changing (and fun) customer service workshops, working with large brands like McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Frito-Lay, Michelin, and Vera Bradley. Before becoming the go-to trainer for some of the world's biggest brands, Myra was the Global Head of Consumer Affairs for Thrifty Rent-a-Car System.
- Myra was named one of the top 100 Rising Stars by Travel Agent Magazine for her landmark work in leading her team to restore customer confidence after service failures.
- Myra has a master's degree in human relations and a bachelor's degree in psychology, helping her to understand the challenges of developing the best customer experience as it relates to the psychology of the employees.
This 60-minute webinar focuses on attainable, actionable steps to lead in times of change and transition. While change is a normal and healthy part of business, people are naturally resistant and often want to fight against it. Your job as a leader is to turn their fear of change into a hope for new, better opportunities.