Managing Difficult Conversations with Confidence
Most of us want to avoid difficult conversations because they make us feel uncomfortable and can be awkward for all involved. However, the most effective leaders possess the ability to confront challenging situations head-on, before they lead to bigger issues.
Join us to learn proven skills that will enable you to address any issue – no matter how sensitive – quickly and with confidence. You'll master new approaches that turn tough conversations into positive, productive experiences for all involved.
In our 60-minute program you'll discover:
- How negative self-talk can derail important conversations
- Successful approaches for responding to difficult situations
- Strategies to overcome discomfort and get to a successful resolution
- How to avoid making assumptions and see situations from all angles
- Proven techniques for delivering honest feedback that defuses conflict
- Bonus: Difficult Conversation check-list, plus “Conflict Script” e-guide
Strategies to Successfully Lead a Difficult Conversation
- Steps for preparing to hold a difficult conversation
- Keys to conducting sensitive discussions on any topic
- Tips for managing emotions on both sides
- Finding the right words in the moment, and words to avoid
- Sync nonverbal and verbal communications to prevent confusion
Conversation Best Practices: Encourage Open Lines of Communication
- Identifying the desired outcome before you have the conversation
- Creating the right environment for holding a difficult conversation
- Avoid the blame game and work together to find a positive outcome
- How to shift reactions into responses for more productive talks
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a business strategist who is a frequently sought out speaker for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to, talent management, business planning and continuity, and operational effectiveness. She holds practical expertise in mentoring and coaching female professionals at all levels through her volunteer work as a member of the prestigious Northwestern Council of 100, as well as through requests from her extensive network of contacts. As a former Business School Dean and current consultant, she has also trained both college students and government employees, as well as industry professionals, seeking to better perform and advance their careers.
She is a resourceful, resilient, and relentless business professional with demonstrated success in building relationships and driving results. She has direct first-hand experience working for, and with, a variety of industries, as well as in consulting, education, and not-for-profit organizations. With consistently high participant ratings, her webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements bring practical value to individuals, as well as businesses of every size and type.
In this engaging, 60-minute event you will learn strategies to help you manage difficult conversations with ease while still keeping your professional relationships intact. Plus, gain a variety of communication strategies to keep in your back pocket to use in any difficult situation.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!