Managing a Generational Mix: Increase Collaboration & Minimize Conflict
There are four generations in the modern workforce: Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials, and Gen Z. Each generation has their own way of working and communicating – and these different approaches can lead to unease, stress, and even an antagonistic, toxic work environment.
Professional women who work in a multigenerational organization need to be equipped to understand the mindset of different generations so they can appropriately manage, motivate, and retain valuable employees of every age.
But how do you manage employees from different generations? How can you avoid making broad judgments about employees based on age? What is – and isn’t - logical (or even fair!) to assume about your colleagues based on their age?
There’s a lot to consider when you plan to tackle generational differences in the workplace - but we’re here to help.
This 60-minute event will provide context for generational behaviors and mindsets in the workplace and will equip you with skills and tools to meet and manage your employees where they are, not where you want them to be.
You’ll walk away ready to:
- Identify where generation gap issues surface, and the impact it has on the modern workforce
- Describe and apply language that is specific to each generation currently in the workplace
- Modify your approach when communicating with other generations to ease tension
- Identify ways to encourage employees to collaborate – which can help decrease generation gap issues
You’ll get answers to important questions about managing a multigenerational team, including:
- How is a generation defined and why do the years change between studies?
- How do I present a consistent message to different generations without looking like I am favoring one over the other?
- What is at the root of generational conflict in the workplace, and how can I address it?
- How can I work with multi-generations while avoiding making judgements about employees based on their age?
We’ll discuss why different generations behave in different ways, and you’ll be able to:
- Identify generational behaviors in the workplace
- Understand why some employees have behaviors that defy their generation’s typical patterns
- Create opportunities for collaboration between generations
- Develop strategies to communicate with members of different generations
- Find common ground between employees
Walk away ready to:
- Understand what makes each generation tick and motivates them to perform
- Retain job-hopping Millennials and Gen Z-ers
- Increase productivity and minimize tension between members of different generations
- Plan opportunities for team-building and collaboration
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Cheryl is the Principal of Cheryl Grazier Consulting LLC and has over 20 years of business experience in both the public and private sector as a trusted advisor in the areas of culture change, strategy implementation, program management, team and leadership development. Cheryl has worked in a variety of industries, including communications, government agencies, governmental contracting, and real estate.
She is particularly passionate about developing people skills and leadership capabilities for individuals. She specializes in exposing people's hidden aptitudes and talents, which enables those individuals to develop their known and recently found strengths and abilities. Her most obvious qualities are her energy, compassion, inspiration, creativity, resourcefulness, enthusiasm and passion about everything she does. By inspiring individuals and teams to be more than they think they can be, she launches individual and group productivity and morale to new levels.
Believing that positive thinking is one of the keys to unlocking an individual’s potential, Cheryl has devoured the writings and learnings of Canfield, Carnegie, Covey, Hanson, Maxwell, Nightingale, Peale and many others. She loves sharing her positive attitude with others and knows that a facilitator is one who enables groups to succeed long after her program. As both a participant and a facilitator of numerous personal development meetings in the past, she is proud to guide others though a process that truly delivers what it promises.
In this training, you’ll become a smarter, more empathetic leader. You’ll learn to work with employees based on their generational traits, which will help you build trust, earn respect, and increase productivity.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!