Managing Microaggressions in the Workplace
One in five women report that they are frequently interrupted or talked over in meetings. This is just one example of the several types of microaggressions women face in the workplace.
Microaggressions may be subtle and difficult to identify; however, these gender-based slights have a significant impact on morale, company culture, and productivity. In this 60-minute, instructor-led program you will learn best practices for increasing awareness of common occurrences, plus how to respond, and steps managers can take to prevent them.
Join us to discover:
- Top forms of microaggressions women face in the workplace today
- Difference between micro insults, micro assaults and micro invalidations
- Ways to respond to microaggressions that create awareness and maintain relationships
- Steps leaders can take to stem microaggressions in their organization
- BONUS: All registrants will receive a free guide:
- “The Conflict Script”
Microaggressions Impacting Women Today
- Understanding types of microaggressions and stereotypes
- Underlying reason why people commit them
- What is Implicit Bias? The key concepts
- Interpreting the intent vs. impact of microaggressions
- Common microaggressions that affect women at work
- Why certain remarks are considered microaggressions
Minimizing Microaggressions in Your Workplace
- How to identify micro-aggressive behaviors
- Responding to microaggressions in a positive and effective manner
- Creating awareness of microaggressions and their impact
- Steps managers can take to spot and stop microaggressions
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought-after speaker and business strategist for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to talent management, business strategy, and operational effectiveness. She has delivered thousands of signature speeches and training sessions, both online and in person. She holds practical expertise on a variety of HR topics, such as job design, recruiting, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and succession planning.
In this interactive, 60-minute program you will learn how to recognize microaggressions, plus how to address them and improve your work culture.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!