Managing Unrealistic Expectations So They Don’t Manage You
SummaryJust when you think you’re getting caught up and have everything under control- another task gets added to the list. You can’t just decline, right? Even if you've experienced the consequences firsthand when dealing with those who make excessive, unattainable demands, it can be hard to say no or set boundaries. Learn how to set reasonable limits, determine what is (and isn’t) within your control and when to ask for help. Join us for this can’t-miss workshop that will equip you with actionable strategies to:
- Set smart (strategic) boundaries
- Distinguish between high standards and unattainable expectations
- Evaluate your workload to set realistic deadlines
- Know when to ask for help or assistance
- Communicate in a manner that creates solutions, not excuses
Evaluating Yourself, Your Tasks and Organizational Culture
- Keys to identifying your strengths, patterns and what you can control
- How to assess behavior and set boundaries within your work environment
Set Reasonable Limits and Manage Practically-Impossible Expectations
- Create deadlines and solutions that work for everyone
- Techniques to build support, avoid excuses and communicate more effectively
Evaluating and Setting Workload Expectations: Even Wonder Woman Has a Breaking Point
- Ask smart questions and know when to ask for some help
- Manage behavior: cultivate collaboration and communication/li>
Get real answers! Real-world solutions to your toughest workplace dilemmas.
Meet the Speaker
Tara Powers is a 20-year talent development professional, an international best-selling author, an award winning leadership expert, asought after speaker and a crusader against boring, ineffective employee engagement initiatives and trainings. She’s worked with over 200 companies and more than 15,000 leaders building programs that make an impact for her clients.
- For 4 years, Tara’s Leadership Programs have earned the prestigious recognition as a Top 10 Leadership 500 Award winner by HR.com alongside big names such as Korn Ferry, Level (3), Hilton, Honda, MIT and DDI.
There’s only so many hours in a day- learn how to take control of them. This 60-minute workshop will the tools to help you to evaluate, set, manage and maintain expectations for yourself and others.