Managing Up: Building Stronger Partnerships & Collaboration
Building strong relationships with your superiors not only leads to a better work experience, but also greater productivity, collaboration, and career growth.
In this interactive, 60-minute event we will show you effective tools for “managing up” to better partner with your higher-ups, make their jobs easier, and help you stand out as a leader.
Join us to discover how to:
- Anticipate problems and actively work to prevent them
- Adjust your work style and approach to better fit your manager’s
- Handle conflict and difficult situations (or difficult people)
- Become more flexible and take on more challenging projects
- Provide constructive feedback to create positive situations
How to Partner with Your Higher-ups
- Ways to improve how you and your boss communicate
- Methods to identify your boss’s priorities and pressures
- Ways to manage superiors’ expectations - and your own
- Techniques to develop mutual trust and respect
- How to take ownership of your own professional success
Building Productive Relationships with Superiors
- Proposing solutions along with asking for help
- Keys to taking tasks off your manager’s plate, plus increase your role
- Finding the best communication style to build trust and avoid conflict
- How to present new ideas and take the lead on projects
- Effective ways to provide both positive and critical feedback
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Cheryl Grazier is the Principal of Cheryl Grazier Consulting LLC and has over 20 years of business experience in both the public and private sector as a trusted advisor in the areas of culture change, strategy implementation, program management, team and leadership development. Cheryl has worked in a variety of industries, including communications, government agencies, governmental contracting, and real estate.
She is particularly passionate about developing people skills and leadership capabilities for individuals.
- Cheryl holds a Master of Science in Instructional Design from Walden University and a Master of Public Administration from the University of Missouri - Columbia.
- She also holds several industry certifications including MBTI, DiSC, and FIRO-B.
In this 60-minute, instructor-led program you will learn effective ways you can partner with higher-ups to make their roles function better, build strong lines of communication, and grow in your own role within the organization.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!