Mastering Negotiation: How to Get What You Want, Need, and Deserve
Negotiation is a critical component of successful leadership.
Whether you’re negotiating with your higher ups, a client, or your colleagues - this crucial skill allows you to ask for what you want – and get it - while building stronger working relationships and credibility.
So why do professional women often avoid asking for what they want?
In this 60-minute workshop, you’ll discover strategies for each stage of negotiation and tips for overcoming the reluctance to ask for what you need to succeed.
Walk away from this strategic training ready to:
- Leverage the best negotiation strategies to get ahead in today’s competitive workplace
- Use proven techniques for each stage of the negotiating process
- Plan your negotiations so you walk away with your desired outcome
- Break the negotiation deadlock so you can get what you need and move forward
Negotiation skills women need to advance their team or career
- Utilize the 4 objectives of better negotiation
- Determine your objective - identify what you want (and go get it!)
- Specific tools and techniques for each step of the game
- Active listening: Hear and understand what the other person is really saying
Strategies that get you what you want and deserve
- Assess and improve your negotiation skills
- How women can be assertive without being seen as "pushy"
- The 6 key characteristics of a great negotiator
- When to use - and not use – certain strategies
Challenges to your success – and how to overcome them
- How to respond when negotiation strategies are used on you
- Techniques for breaking the negotiation deadlock and making progress
- Why women get in their own way and how to prevent it from happening to you
- Tips for reacting professionally - not emotionally - in tough situations
About the Speaker
Tara Powers is an award-winning leadership expert, sought after national speaker, experienced talent development consultant, and crusader against boring, ineffective employee engagement initiatives. Her success in working with hundreds of companies and thousands of leaders has taught her how to achieve the results company executives want and still make sure the attendees are having fun in the process.
- Tara is a 20-year talent development expert with a M.S. in Organizational Leadership, a coaching certificate from ATD and a Certified Training Manager. She's a Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Facilitator and Everything DISC Solutions
- Tara's commitment to her clients is to deliver innovative, fully customizable solutions that actually work - and create real change for you and your teams.
Negotiating is an essential skill that will take women leaders far both in the workplace and in their personal lives. In this 60-minute program, we'll provide you with the tools you need to succeed at every part of a negotiation and tips for overcoming the reluctance to get what you need.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!