Mentoring for Career Advancement
The mentor relationship not only helps to develop the mentee, but also serves as a leadership pipeline for the mentor. By stepping into the role of mentor, women professionals have a unique opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills while also helping to lift up and support women colleagues.
In this interactive, 60-minute event women professionals will discover how to become an effective and enriching mentor while also advancing their own careers. Join us to learn:
- Dos & don’ts of an effective mentor-mentee relationship
- How to connect with a mentee through networking strategies
- Ways mentoring helps the mentor’s professional development
- How coaching differs from mentoring
- The difference between serving as a mentor and a sponsor
Successful Mentoring: Advancing Your Career & Your Mentee’s
- Mentoring defined: what it is - and what it is not
- Benefits of mentoring for both the mentee and mentor
- What does it mean to be a mentor to someone?
- How mentoring differs from coaching
Mentoring Best Practices for Women Professionals
- What effective mentoring looks like
- Tips for mentoring different generations
- How to conduct a Mentoring Meeting and Discussion
- Setting outcomes and goals for effective results
Developing an Effective Mentor-Mentee Relationship
- Keys to giving feedback for continuous improvement
- Creating a “safe” space for mentees to fully show up and express themselves
- Mentorship is a two-way street: leveraging the relationship
- Mentoring versus sponsoring: what’s the difference?
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey works with both global and US-based clients to re-tool and re-skill employees at all levels.
Audrey is currently a distinguished faculty member of the American Management Association where she trains a range of interpersonal and leadership skills.
In this engaging, 60-minute program you will discover keys to serving as an effective mentor to develop your mentee, while also further developing your own leadership skills and career advancement.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!