Personal KPIs: A Holistic Approach to Help You Succeed and Move Your Organization Forward
You’ve likely heard of key performance indicators ("KPIs") used to measure various aspects of operational efficiency and effectiveness, but imagine applying this concept to your personal and career goals.
Setting KPIs for yourself will help keep your personal and professional goals in sight all year while helping you grow in your career, overcome obstacles, and drive your company to the next level.
As you move into this brand-new year, tap into this 60-minute workshop to learn how to create, measure, and track your continuous improvement across five, main categories:
- Professional impact and development
- Personal fulfillment
- Physical and emotional health
- Interpersonal commitments to others
- Your organizational and industry contribution
BONUS: With this workshop, you’ll also receive Michelle Coussens’ KPI worksheet that walks you through step-by-step motivation and accountability for achieving your personal and professional goals.
Personal Evaluation: Assess where you stand across the 5 categories:
- Real talk: Discover the best way to assess your true impact on your organization (going beyond the typical 'strengths' and 'areas for improvement')
- Turning your personal assessment into real, tangible objectives and goals you can practically touch and feel
- Be the solution: Determine the needs of your organization and use your ‘strengths’ to fill the gaps
- Uncover simple ways to incorporate truthful peer perspectives into your self evaluations
Create a personal improvement plan to hit your goals:
- Discover the secret behind microgoals, and why you should learn to live by them
- Mapping milestones: Support your long-term goals with a successful path guaranteed to get you there
- Determine which indicators support YOUR goals - and how to set targets for each
- Align your goals with organizational success: Determine relevant outputs, outcomes, and impacts associated with your goals that also enable your organization to achieve greater success
Measuring and Tracking Your KPIs:
- What data to collect, how to do so, and how often to log and review progress and results, all while avoiding excessive measurement/effort or lost efficiency
- Identify leading (output-oriented) and lagging (input-oriented) indicators that will measure and monitor your progress - and eliminate the possibility of sudden, unexpected derailment
- Determine everyday behaviors and actions to turn intimidatingly large annual goals into smaller, clearer, more tangible objectives and actions
- Maintain a personal dashboard of progress and what you should highlight when communicating to your boss, mentor, employees, peers
- Engage employees: Tap others to objectively determine your progress, while leading by example and giving employees the opportunity to set their own KPIs that contribute to the organization
About the Speaker
In addition to corporate experience in several industries, Michelle Coussens has owned and operated Plan B Consulting for more than ten years. Her services span training and assistance in preparing strategic and business plans, assisting in plan development and execution, and various other aspects of operational excellence. In addition, she facilitates meetings and retreats in project management, leadership, ethics and other interpersonal topics, and she conducts business analysis for various types of entrepreneurs and organizations worldwide.
- Michelle is a mentor for students and alumni at Northwestern University and other organizations, assisting professionals of all levels with their personal and professional development.
- Michelle is on the faculty of the American Management Association and of NeighborWorks® America, where she teaches numerous different strategic planning, management, and analytical seminars to business professionals around the world, teaches ethics, diversity, and related classroom seminars and online webinars for insurance producers and attorneys for the Real Estate Institute, and she is also on the business faculty at College of DuPage. Through her business, she has published more than 150 monthly issues of her newsletter, Planning Possibilities, which is currently distributed worldwide to more than 4,500 clients and contacts.
- Michelle previously served as the first Dean of the School of Business at Kendall College. She built and managed all aspects of the School, including faculty and curriculum selection and assessment, as well as program development and enhancement.
In this 60-minute workshop, you’ll learn how to accurately set and measure personal KPIs that give you more focus and control to improve and accomplish personal and professional goals.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!