Setting Expectations that Get More from Your Team
Just when it seems like your team is caught up on their workload, a handful of new projects and requests come in.
Do you do it yourself? Delegate? Will your employees speak up if they feel overwhelmed?
Yes, honest communication between you and your employees is vital, but what makes for a great leader is being able to read between the lines and nurture a culture of accountability within your team.
Setting clear expectations and communicating them in a way that motivates your team is key to developing a responsible and high-performing team.
If you’ve been feeling frustrated with tasks falling through the cracks, burned out trying to get your team to step up and take accountability, or even if delegating while working remotely has been a challenge - this is the workshop for you.
Join us for a strategy-packed workshop that will equip you with:
- Why setting expectations with your team is a two-way street that requires effort and accountability from both sides
- The common pitfalls leaders make when setting expectations for their teams – and why they fall flat
- How to set better expectations with compassion, confidence, and conviction
- Proven ways to gain buy-in from your team when setting expectations, so they
- Ways to manage expectations and build accountability while working remotely
Evaluate and Set Expectations that Push and Challenge Your Team
- How to reset expectations if you’ve been too lax or passive in the past
- Give constructive feedback and communicate expectations that help your team grow and thrive
- What to do when the understanding is there – but the follow through isn’t
Holding Yourself and Your Team Accountable for the Impact You Make
- Why a “set it and forget it” mindset is holding you (and your team) back
- How to assess behavior, identify roadblocks, and set healthy boundaries
- Ways to hold your employees accountable while decentralized
- Keys to uncover what motivates your team, inspires them, and encourages them to want to do better
Set Reasonable Boundaries and Control Unattainable Expectations
- How to eliminate excuses and overcome self-imposed limitations to help your team exceed their own roadblocks
- Cultivate a supportive environment, while ensuring your expectations are clear
- How to keep projects and people moving forward – without coming across pushy or mean
Question and Answer Session - Your specific questions & unique challenges will be addressed!
About the Speaker
Ashley Cox, PHR, SHRM-CP is the Founder and CEO of SproutHR, a boutique HR consulting firm that advises women in how to hire and lead profitable, sustainable, and impactful teams with confidence, ease, and fun.
At SproutHR, Ashley and her team focus on values-based hiring, compassionate and intentional leadership, and amplifying impact. They revolutionize the do-it-yourself mindset to one of exponential growth – hiring the right people the right way scales business and electrifies the bottom line – making companies thrive.
A certified HR professional with over 17 years’ experience, Ashley has worked with businesses nationwide – from local brick and mortars to online agencies to multi-million dollar national & international companies.
She was a top recruiter and leadership expert for J.Crew and Kroger where she hired and developed everyone from the newest hourly employees to C-suite level executives.
She is also an SME (subject matter expert) for the world’s leading HR organization, SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management), an expert trainer for various 1000+ employee organizations, host of The Impact Ripple podcast & the author of her debut book Transform Your Stories.
Transform Your Stories guides women to overcome the stories that hold them back so they can become confident and courageous leaders who create resounding impact in the world.
SproutHR & Transform Your Stories have been featured on ABC News, Brit + Co, SHRM, and The Rising Tide Society.
When it comes to accountability and expectations – it's all about follow through. Walk away from this 60-minute workshop with the tools and strategies you need to set, manage and maintain realistic expectations for yourself and your team.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!