Speak with Confidence, Clarity and Credibility: Must-have Skills to Make an Impact
As your career grows, you’ll be expected to speak and present in more meetings as well as events. And, often “off the cuff.”
Sound terrifying? The good news is the ability to communicate well, plus sound polished and professional is a skill you can learn. Regardless of where in your career, speaking clearly and with confidence is essential to get your message across and your ideas put into action.
In our 60-minute program we’ll give you proven techniques and tips to engage your audience, overcome the nerves and anxiety of presenting, and structure your presentations for maximum impact.
Join us to learn:
- Quick and easy preparation methods that work every time
- How to overcome nervousness when speaking in front of a group
- Ways to use your body language to control the room or the “ZOOM”
- Tips for closing your presentation - leave them wanting more!
- Presentation techniques that establish credibility and gain buy-in
Presentation Best-practices that Build Confidence and Credibility
- The essential tools of a good presentation to stay on point
- Use the right skills for the platform: What works in person may differ online
- Showing your audience “what in it for them” to gain buy-in and support
- Creating an engaging narrative from the outline through the final draft
- How to stay authentic and true to your message when presenting
- Preparation techniques that ensure you present confidently and clearly
- Using technology to help edit and polish the presentation
Tackling the Toughest Challenges When Speaking to a Group
- How to use assertiveness skills to direct the conversation
- Keys to calming nerves that could derail your presentation
- Tips for when you’re asked to speak on-the-spot without prep time
- Structuring your presentation for the time you’re allotted to speak
- Phrases to have on hand to get out of a “sticking” situation
About the Speaker
Cheryl Grazier is the Principal of Cheryl Grazier Consulting LLC and has over 20 years of business experience in both the public and private sector as a trusted advisor in the areas of culture change, strategy implementation, program management, team and leadership development. Cheryl has worked in a variety of industries, including communications, government agencies, governmental contracting, and real estate.
She is particularly passionate about developing people skills and leadership capabilities for individuals. She specializes in exposing people's hidden aptitudes and talents, which enables those individuals to develop their known and recently found strengths and abilities. Her most obvious qualities are her energy, compassion, inspiration, creativity, resourcefulness, enthusiasm and passion about everything she does. By inspiring individuals and teams to be more than they think they can be, she launches individual and group productivity and morale to new levels.
Whether sharing your ideas in a meeting, giving instructions to your team, or presenting to the board – communication is an integral part of everything you do. In this 60-minute program you’ll learn effective techniques for presenting your ideas with polish and poise.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!