Strategic Self-Promotion to Advance Your Career and Your Organization
Self-promotion gets a bad rap, especially in a professional environment. Many women feel that speaking about their accomplishments comes off as bragging or self-serving and are led to believe that their “good work should speak for itself” instead.
If you don’t speak up and educate others about the skills and value you bring to the organization, who will?
Without the confidence to share your value and talents, you’ll miss out on key opportunities to make a bigger impact and advance your career. In this dynamic program, you’ll learn practical strategies to help you promote your value across your organization. Join us to learn how to:
- Get past the discomfort and nerves when self-promoting
- Use strategic self-promotion to show why you deserve a seat at the table
- Identify and define what makes you stand out and unique
- Communicate your achievements and goals with confidence
Making an Impact: The Role of Self-promotion
- “Strategic self-promotion” and why it’s so important for women today
- Benefits to you and your organization when you actively promote your value
- Using self-promotion to increase your visibility and new opportunities
- How self-promotion makes you a better and more impactful leader
Increase Your Visibility: Defining and Communicating Your Talents and Value
- Techniques to identify your own unique strengths and talents
- Taming nerves: Talk about your achievements with pride and authenticity
- Why you need an “elevator pitch” and how to develop yours
- Keys to getting valuable and genuine feedback from others
- Do’s and don’ts when presenting new thoughts and ideas
About the Speaker
Cheryl Grazier is the Principal of Cheryl Grazier Consulting LLC and has over 20 years of business experience in both the public and private sector as a trusted advisor in the areas of culture change, strategy implementation, program management, team and leadership development. Cheryl has worked in a variety of industries, including communications, government agencies, governmental contracting, and real estateShe is particularly passionate about developing people skills and leadership capabilities for individuals. She specializes in exposing people's hidden aptitudes and talents, which enables those individuals to develop their known and recently found strengths and abilities. Her most obvious qualities are her energy, compassion, inspiration, creativity, resourcefulness, enthusiasm and passion about everything she does. By inspiring individuals and teams to be more than they think they can be, she launches individual and group productivity and morale to new levels.
In this 60-minute program, you will learn how to master the art of self-promotion to communicate your value and achievements with confidence. You’ll walk away better equipped to never miss out on or be overlooked for an opportunity you know you deserve.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!