Top Ways Women Sabotage Their Careers and How to Avoid It
You’ve worked hard to get where you are in your career.
But what if there was someone trying to sabotage everything that you’re working toward?
And the real shocker? It could be you.
We can be our own worst enemy when it comes to moving our careers forward.
It is not unusual for professionals, at some point in their careers, to engage in “success avoidance” or “success sabotage”, or what used to be labeled “the fear of success.” Some women even suffer from “impostor syndrome” (IS)—feeling that they are not as competent or worthy as they present.
How can you recognize and break out of such destructive behaviors?
Join us for a career-changing program that will explore these phenomena, outline their symptoms and repercussions, and provide solutions to support yourself and other women in leaving doubts and mis-steps behind. Learn how to stop holding yourself back so you can grow your career and help move your organization forward.
- The dynamics of success sabotage and how to identify when it is occurring
- How success avoidance tendencies impact our career and professional growth
- How to recognize and respond to the “Imposter Syndrome
- How to help and encourage others to avoid self-defeating behaviors
Success Sabotage and Success Avoidance Explained
- The real reason successful women sometime inexplicably derail
- How to recognize the tell-tale signs you might be sabotaging yourself
- What’s causing and even exacerbating this phenomenon in today’s workplace?
- The downside of increased success - a surprising paradox you should contemplate
Learn How to Get Back on Track
- Proven strategies you can use to stop self-defeating behaviors
- Overcoming fear of the unknown or doubt in our own capabilities
- Handling increased stress that comes from career growth
- Tactful ways to deal with and respond to people who try to hold you back
How to Move You and Your Career Forward
- Creating your own definition of who you want to be
- Boosting your visibility and credibility in your workplace and network
- How to bolster self-confidence - even when you feel uncertain
- Ways you can help others struggling with success avoidance
About the Speaker
Michelle Coussens, Business Strategist, Plan B Consulting
Michelle Coussens is a frequently sought out speaker for numerous types of organizations on a wide range of topics related to the workplace, including but not limited to, talent management, business safety and continuity, and financial acuity. In 2020, she created and delivered more than 40 well-regarded presentations for numerous organizations around the world.
She is a resourceful, resilient, and relentless business professional with demonstrated success in building new programs, driving short-term efficiencies, and improving long-term effectiveness all through innovation, rigor, and courageous leadership.
She has direct experience with a variety of industries, as well as in consulting, education, and not-for-profit organizations. With consistently high participant ratings, her webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements bring practical value to businesses of every size and type
After this 60-minute program you’ll learn how to recognize - and stop - self-defeating behaviors that may be holding you back in the workplace. You’ll leave ready to achieve greater success, overcome challenges and be ready to help others up the ladder of success.
If you'd like this program customized for your organization, call us at 1-800-964-6033. We're certain we can fulfill your training needs, while making it fit in your budget!